Emerging Manager Roundtable
Consolidation, regulation and day-to-day operational demands make navigating the global funds industry more challenging than ever. Though hedge funds have struggled in recent years due to market conditions that have stifled performance relative to other investment vehicles, there has been a steady stream of entrepreneurial managers who are confident about opportunities in the industry and are eager to set up their own shops. Further echoing this optimism, industry research predicts that hedge funds will return to favour with institutional investors expected to increase their allocations in the coming year.
Maples Fund Services’ latest roundtable in London brought together a panel of hedge fund managers and service providers who offered their opinions, knowledge and expertise on a range of topics meant to highlight the opportunities and challenges emerging managers face.
The Roundtable was moderated by Chris Egbunike, Managing Consultant at Bovill and participants included:
- Alexandru Agachi, Co Founder and Chief Operating Officer, Empiric Capital
- Omair Ahmed, Founding Partner, Taunton Capital
- Matthew Bloomfield, Associate, Maples and Calder
- Phillip Chapple, Chief Operating Officer, Monterone Partners LLP
- Christina McCarthy, Regional Head of Fund Services – Europe, Maples Fund Services
- Amy Orivel, Chief Operating Officer, Magpar