Maples Fund Services London Hedge Fund Roundtable
From an economic and political standpoint, 2017 has not been without its turbulent moments and has brought an ongoing wave of both challenges and opportunities to the hedge fund industry. With demands for hedge funds to provide more in terms of risk management, liquidity, transparency and operational efficiency, managers are under increasing pressure to consistently innovate and develop more efficient and cost effective models in order to pique and retain investor interest.
Maples Fund Services recently hosted its annual Hedge Fund Roundtable in London with panellists discussing the current industry landscape, including key trends, challenges and their outlook for the coming years.
The Roundtable was moderated by Will Jenkins, Co-Head of Non-Investment Due Diligence, Amundi Alternative Investments, and participants included:
- Phillip Chapple, Chief Operating Officer, Monterone Partners
- Heidi de Vries, Partner, Maples and Calder
- Chris Egbunike, Chief Operating Officer, Quadra Capital Partners
- Richard Haas, Chief Executive Officer, CapeView Capital
- Stephen Lewis, Regional Head of Sales and Relationship Management – Europe, Maples Fund Services
- Richard Mhende, Partner, Promeritum Investment Management LLP
- Craig Wallis, Partner and Head of Trading, OSMO Partners LLP