Maples Fund Services New York Credit Roundtable
In a low-yielding environment when many funds are being forced to lower their expected returns, asset managers and allocators are under increasing pressure to generate returns in excess of an assumed rate. In addition to identifying investment opportunities, finding innovative ways of redefining the traditional relationship between allocators and managers and engaging with service providers that provide operational support can play a significant role in enabling outperformance or even meeting the target rate of return.
Maples Fund Services recently hosted its inaugural Credit Roundtable in New York with panellists discussing the credit market environment and outlook as well as key trends and challenges facing both allocators and managers.
The Roundtable was moderated by James Perry, Maples Fund Services’ Head of Institutional Investor Solutions and participants included:
- Tim Barrett, Associate Vice Chancellor and Chief Investment Officer, Texas Tech University System
- Jonathan Berger, Chief Executive Officer and Chief Investment Officer, Birch Grove Capital
- Pádraig Brosnan, Partner, Maples and Calder
- Tom Capasse, Principal, Waterfall Asset Management
- Jason Dillow, Chief Investment Officer, Head of Credit and Vice Chairman, Halcyon Capital Management
- Thomas A. Hickey III, Partner and Chair, Fund Formation and Investment Management Practice Group, Foley & Lardner, LLP
- Joseph W. Hill, Vice Chairman and Director of Client Relations, Halcyon Capital Management
- Sharmila Kassam, Deputy Chief Investment Officer, Texas ERS
- John Steinhardt, Managing Partner and Co-Chief Investment Officer, KLS Diversified Asset Management LP